Saturday 20 August 2011

Pretty in Print

 I am drawn towards prints as the content and style can be quite eclectic yet can be tied together quite nicely. As mentioned in my last post, these prints below were sourced from the southbank markets in Brisbane and are hanging over my dresser in the bedroom. 




I instantly fell in love with these gorgeous cards after seeing them on the house on chambers blog, purchased from sappling press store on etsy and had them framed. The series of three include the Dear Fork, Dear Noah, and I just couldn't resist the Dear Twilight Fans letterpress print. I framed them with the lovely brown paper envelopes inside them, creating a little bit more texture to the final product.







sapling press

sapling press

I was given this Decorative Victorian Era Initial "N" wood engraving (London c.1860) from the Antiquarian Print Gallery by my dear friend B.  This was my first antique print and it takes pride over my dressing table.





The latest print I have my eye on (excuse the pun) is this fabulous I Spy Eye Chart from hunting for george. I want to frame this in white and add it to the beside table. Hopefully the white frame will help for it to blend into the room as I'm becoming aware of diminishing space available for anymore prints!






Finally, this little beauty I spied on art.com has been sitting in a virtual shopping basket in my browser for months! After a little investigating into the sport and quickly becoming aware of the associated costs, one thinks that this print and the occasional visit to RL will be as close as I'll come to polo in this lifetime. 



I was thinking of framing this one with an oversized matt board and an ornate black frame. Any thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. I seriously want that polo print. It's gorgeous. Love the idea for the framing, sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete